Indie Game Festa exhibitors. It is created to foster the interaction between domestic and oversea indie game developers, and to encourage innovative game titles with rewards and international media exposure.
Since the establishment from 2015, it has received submission from United States, France, Poland, Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan etc. from all around the world. For the fifth Indie Game Award, we sincerely invite talented indie game developers to be a part of the competition, and let us discover the next rising stars!
|Online registration||As from today – 11/16(Fri)|
|Pre-selection by participating teams||11/17(Sat) – 12/09(Sun)|
|Pre-selection outcome announced||12/11(Tue)|
|Review by jury panel||12/10(Mon) – 12/31(Mon)|
|Award Ceremony||01/24 (Thu) Tentatively Schedule|
|Best Visual Art|
|Best VR Game|
|Best Mobile Games|
|IGA Grand Prix|
※ Under particular circumstance and jury panel’s consensus, all award categories reserve the right not to declare winners.
- Indie Game Award submission is only for confirmed Indie Game Festa exhibitors (Those who wish to participate in Indie Game Award need to complete Indie Game Festa registration at the same time.).
- Game submission must be created, published or updated after 2018/01/01.
- Be sure to complete Indie Game Festa application application before 2018/10/31 and submitting Indie Game Award.
- The submitting title must be developed by Indie Game Festa exhibitor. Each exhibiting team can submit 1 title only.
- Please note that uncompleted submission will not be accepted.
- Participating teams will also take part in pre-selection stage. Please review the assigned game titles with fair judgment.
- By the courtesy of intellectual property, please do not reveal game content or review result in any circumstance. The violator will be disqualified from Indie Game Award and Indie Game Festa.
- The review consists of 2 stages: (I) Pre-Selection (II) Jury Review.
- Review procedure:
Pre-Selection will be conducted by the participating teams. Each team will be assigned to play and review at least 20 types of games. The organizer will then calculate pre-selection result, of which the top 5 games on each award will enter to the next stage Jury Review and further review by the jury panel.
- Rating system:
Pre-selection adopt the fractional scoring, the organizer will calculate the result based on pre-selection criteria.
Jury review adopt the fractional scoring, the organizer will calculate the result based on jury review criteria.
- If there is uncertainty about review result, the jury panel shall discuss and reach a consensus.
- The organizer will announce the jury panel on the event website, but will not public the review details.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the content of the activity, and shall notify jury panel and the participating teams by correspondence (e-mail).
|Game mechanics||Gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, level design…etc.|
|Narration||Storytelling, plot construction, scenario, dialogue…etc.|
|Visual art||Art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation…etc.|
|Audio effect||Sound effects, musical composition, sound design…etc.|
|Creativity||Innovation that advances the current gameplay, mechanics, structure…etc.|
Pre-Selection Criteria Ratio
Applying for it with Indie Game Festa simultaneously.
Mr. Jack Cheng
Taipei Computer Association (Taipei Game Show)