Indie Game Award (IGA) is a competition exclusive for Taipei Game Show exhibitors. It is created to foster the interaction between domestic and oversea indie game developers, and to encourage innovative game titles with rewards and international media exposures.
Since its establishment from 2015, IGA has received submissions around the world. United States, France, Poland, Japan, Hong Kong, just to name a few. In 2016, the competition scale has reached a record high and received nearly 200 game title submissions in total. For the 6th Indie Game Award, we sincerely invite all talented indie game developers to be a part of the competition, and let us discover the next rising stars!
|Online registration||07/01 (Mon) - 10/31 (Thu)|
|Pre-selection by participating teams||11/11 (Mon) - 11/29 (Fri)|
|Pre-selection outcome announced||12/06 (Fri)|
|Review by jury committee||12/09 (Mon) - 01/03 (Fri)|
|Taipei Game Show 2020||02/06 (Thu) - 02/09 (Sun)|
|Award Ceremony||02/06 (Thu)|
※ Each winner will receive 1 trophy, official website exposure, official social media exposure (Facebook & Twitter), partner media interview, and an introduction article published in TGS 2020 journal column “Show Daily”.
- Indie Game Award submission is only eligible for confirmed Taipei Game Show exhibitors. Those who wish to participate in Indie Game Award need to complete booth registration first.
- Submitted game title must be created, published or updated after 2019/01/01.
- Only Indie developers with booths secured in Taipei Game Show are eligible for Indie Game Award
- The submitted title must be developed by the exhibitor of Taipei Game Show. Each team can submit 1 title only.
- Please note that incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- IGA contestants will also take part in the pre-selection stage. Please review the assigned game titles with fair judgment.
- By the courtesy of intellectual property, please do not reveal game content or review result under any circumstance. Violators will be disqualified from Indie Game Award and Indie House.
- The review consists of 2 stages: (I) Pre-Selection (II) Jury Review.
- Review procedure:
Pre-Selection will be conducted by the contestants. Each team will be assigned to play and review at least 20 various types of game titles through IGA grading system. The organizer will then calculate pre-selection result, of which multiple game titles will be nominated in different categories, and enter to the next stage Jury Review and be further reviewed by the jury committee.
- If there is an uncertainty about the result, the jury committee shall discuss and reach a consensus.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the content of the event, and is obligated to notify the changes to jury committee and the participating teams via E-mail.
|Game mechanics||Gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, level design…etc.|
|Narration||Storytelling, plot construction, scenario, dialogue…etc.|
|Visual art||Art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation…etc.|
|Audio effect||Sound effects, musical composition, sound design…etc.|
|Creativity||Innovation that advances the current gameplay, mechanics, structure…etc.|
Pre-Selection Score Allocation
Be sure to complete the submission before 2019/10/31