Indie Game Award is a competition exclusive to Indie Game Festa exhibitors. It is created to foster the interaction between domestic and oversea indie game developers, and to encourage innovative game titles with rewards and international media exposure.
Since the establishment from 2015, it has received submission from around the world. As the scale is growing bigger each year, the second edition even received 101 game submissions in total, and we had up to 20 countries joining us in 2017. This year, we sincerely invite talented indie game developers to join us and let us discover the next shining star!
|Online registration||until 10/20 (Fri)|
|Pre-selection by participating teams||10/30 (Mon) - 11/17 (Fri)|
|Pre-selection outcome announced||11/27 (Mon)|
|Review by jury panel||11/27 (Mon) – 12/29 (Fri)|
|Indie Game Festa Display||01/25 (Thu) - 01/26 (Fri)|
|Award Ceremony||01/25 (Thu)*Tentative|
|Best Visual Art|
|Best Game Design|
|Best Mobile Game|
|Best VR Game|
|IGA Grand Prix|
※ Under particular circumstance and jury panel’s consensus, all award categories reserve the right not to declare winners.
- Indie Game Award submission is only for confirmed Indie Game Festa exhibitors.
- Game submission must be created, published or updated after 2017/01/01.
- Be sure to complete Indie Game Festa application before submitting Indie Game Award.
- Each exhibiting team can submit 1 title only, and the submitting title must be developed by Indie Game Festa exhibitor.
- Please note that uncompleted submission will not be accepted.
- Participating teams must take part in pre-selection stage. Please review the assigned game titles with fair judgment. The team who don’t participate in pre-selection stage properly will be disqualified from Indie Game Award.
- By the courtesy of intellectual property, please do not reveal game content or review result in any circumstance.
- The teams violating any regulations above will be disqualified from Indie Game Award and Indie Game Festa.
- The review consists of 2 stages: (I) Pre-Selection (II) Jury Review.
- Review procedure:
Pre-Selection will be conducted by the participating teams. Each team will be assigned to play and review 10~20 types of games. The organizer will then calculate pre-selection result, of which the top 20% games will enter to the next stage Jury Review and further review by the jury panel.
- Rating system:
Pre-selection adopts the ordinal ranking system.The participating team must review the assigned games based on the review criteria.
Jury review adopts the numerical ranking system. The jury will score the games based on the review criteria and the winning games will be the ones with the highest calculated scores for each respective category.
- Review regulation:
- If there is uncertainty about review result, the jury panel shall discuss and reach a consensus.
- Please review all assigned games with fair judgment.
- The organizer will announce the jury panel on the event website, but will not public the review details.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the content of the activity, and shall notify jury panel and the participating teams by correspondence.
|Game Design||Gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, level design…etc.|
|Narration||Storytelling, plot construction, scenario, dialogue…etc.|
|Visual art||Art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation…etc.|
|Audio effect||Sound effects, musical composition, sound design…etc.|
|Creativity||Innovation that advances the current gameplay, mechanics, structure…etc.|
Pre-Selection Criteria Ratio
Be sure to complete the submission before 2017/10/30.
(Notice：Please be sure to complete Indie Game Festa application before submitting Indie Game Award.)
Mr. Jack Cheng
Taipei Computer Association (Taipei Game Show)