Indie Game Award (IGA) is a competition exclusively for Taipei Game Show exhibitors. It is created to foster the interaction between domestic and oversea indie game developers, and to encourage innovative game titles with rewards and international media exposures.
Since its establishment from 2015, IGA has received submissions around the world. United States, France, Poland, Japan, Hong Kong, just to name a few. In 2020, the competition scale has reached a record high and received nearly 150 game title submissions in total. For Indie Game Award this year, we sincerely invite all talented indie game developers to be a part of the competition, and to discover the next rising stars with us!
*The window for IGA online registration will be synced up with Indie House online registration. Please check ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Are you joining Indie Game Award this year?’ in the application form of Indie House to join Indie Game Award
|Sept. 1 (Tue.) – Oct. 16 (Fri.)|
|Pre-Selection by Contestants
*All contestants must complete their competing portfolio and finish reviewing on at least 20 competing games to advance for the next stage.
|Nov. 5 (Thu.) – Nov. 26 (Thu.)|
|Pre-Selection Nominated Contestants Announced||Dec. 1 (Tue.)|
|Review by IGA Jury Committee||Dec. 1 (Tue.) – Jan. 5 (Tue.)|
|Taipei Game Show 2021||Jan. 28 (Thu.) – Jan. 31 (Sun.), 2021|
|IGA Award Ceremony||Jan. 28 (Thu.) (Tentatively schedule)|
※ Each winner will receive 1 trophy, official website exposure, official social media exposure (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), partner media interview, and an introduction article published in TGS publication “Show Daily”.
- Indie Game Award submission is only eligible for confirmed Taipei Game Show exhibitors. Those who wish to participate in Indie Game Award need to complete booth registration first.
- Submitted game title must be created, published or updated after Jan. 1, 2020.
- Only indie game developers with stand(s) secured in Taipei Game Show are eligible for Indie Game Award
- The submitted title must be developed by the exhibitor of Taipei Game Show. Each team can submit 1 title only.
- Please note that incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- IGA contestants are obligated to take part in the pre-selection stage. Please review the assigned game titles with fair judgment.
- In order to protect intellectual properties from all parties involved, please do not reveal game content or review result under any circumstances. Violators will be disqualified from both Indie Game Award and Indie House.
- The review consists of 2 stages: (I) Pre-Selection (II) Jury Review.
- Review procedure:
Pre-Selection will be conducted by the contestants. Each team will be assigned to play and review at least 20 various types of game titles through IGA grading system. The organizer will then calculate pre-selection result, of which multiple game titles will be nominated in different categories, and enter to the next stage Jury Review and be further reviewed by the jury committee.
- If there is an uncertainty about the result, the jury committee shall discuss and reach to a consensus.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the content of the event, and is obligated to notify the changes to jury committee and the participating teams via E-mail.
|Game mechanics||Gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, level design…etc.|
|Narration||Storytelling, plot construction, scenario, dialogue…etc.|
|Visual art||Art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation…etc.|
|Audio effect||Sound effects, musical composition, sound design…etc.|
|Creativity||Innovation that advances the current gameplay, mechanics, structure…etc.|
Pre-Selection Score Allocation
The window for IGA online registration will be synced up with Indie House online registration. Please check ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Are you joining Indie Game Award this year?’ in the application form of Indie House to join Indie Game Award.
The online registration will be closed on Oct. 16, 2020. Please complete your application before then.
Taipei Computer Association (Taipei Game Show)
Mr. Han Liu