Indie Game Award, held by Taipei Game Show, dedicates to finding outstanding indie game teams from around the world, and has attracted indie game developers around the globe to participate ever since its establishment in 2015. Indie Game Award wishes to deliver a stage for talented indie game developers to thrive and shine, and create a platform exclusively for indie game teams to exchange insights.
In order to encourage outstanding indie game teams around the world to participate in the competition, Indie Game Award 2022 is open for registration. Regardless of being an exhibitor at Taipei Game Show or not, we sincerely invite every indie game developers around the world to join us on this wonderful event.
※Each winner will receive Taipei Game Show official promotional resources, including official website, SNS, ShowDaily, exclusive interviews, etc.) to have media exposure for your games!
Rules & Regulations
- Registration Date: Sep. 1 – Oct. 13.
- Regardless of being an exhibitor at Taipei Game Show or not can register for the competition.
- Each indie game team is allowed to register 1 game only. It is not allowed to register multiple games in the name of the publisher or other joint names.
- The game you registered must be developed, published or updated after Jan. 1, 2021.
- Best VR/Mobile Game: When the number of valid registrations is less than 6, there will be no finalists and winners for this award.
- All contestants will be qualified for the Pre-Selection at the same time. Those who fail to complete the Pre-Selection will be disqualified for the competition.
※Please note that incomplete application will be disqualified for the competition
|Sep. 1 – Oct. 13.||Indie Game Award Online Registration|
|Oct. 28 – Nov. 21||Pre-Selection by Participating Teams :
The organizer will randomly group all participating teams. All contestants must finish reviewing on at least 20 competing games within the assigned group to acquire the qualification to advance for the next stage.
|Nov. 26||Pre-Selection Outcome Announced|
|Dec. 1 – Dec. 22||Review by the Jury Panel|
|Jan. 20||Indie Game Award Ceremony|
|Jan. 20 – Jan. 23||Taipei Game Show 2022|
- The review will be conducted in two stages: Pre-Selection & Review by the Jury Panel.
- Pre-Selection: All contestants will review games of each other’s in the Indie Game Award Grading system. The organizer will randomly group all participating teams. All contestants must finish reviewing on at least 20 competing games within the assigned group to acquire the qualification to advance for the next stage.
- Review by the Jury Panel: The organizer will select a number of games from the Pre-Selection after counting the results to enter the next stage. The jury panel composed of industry professionals will review the games and finally select the winners for each category of awards. If there is an uncertainty about the result, the jury panel shall discuss and reach to a consensus.
- ※In order to protect intellectual properties from all parties involved, please do not reveal game content, review result under any circumstances or do anything may harm other’s interest. Violators will be disqualified from both Indie Game Award and Taipei Game Show and shall be liable, jointly and severally, for the damage to such other party and the organizer
- ※The organizer reserves the right to amend the content of the event, and is obligated to notify the changes to jury committee and the participating teams via E-mail.
|Narration||Storytelling, plot construction, scenario, dialogue…etc.||20%|
|Audio effect||Sound effects, musical composition, sound design…etc.||20%|
|Visual art||Art direction, animation, modeling, character design, texture creation…etc.||20%|
|Game mechanics||Gameplay mechanics, playability, play balancing, level design…etc.||20%|
|Creativity||Innovation that advances the current gameplay, mechanics, structure…etc.||20%|
Taipei Game Show